Our kits exceed the standards of BC Ministry of Education's Emergency Planning Guide for Schools & Vancouver Coastal Health's Emergency Preparedness Guide for Child Care.
Step 1: Select the theme
Girl Theme kits includes a Contigo water bottle from the Girl Theme colour options as well as a Play Pack of either Princess or Paw Patrol theme.
We support gender neutrality and we are currently working on a way to market our kits in a non gender identifying way.
Should you have a special request for a specific cup with a specific play pack add a note to your order (upon checkout) and we will always do our best to accommodate you.
Every West Coast KidzKit includes:
- 12 L West Coast KidzKit Backpack
- 1 L Puravai Emergency Drinking Water (up to 20 year expiration date) SOLD OUT ** Replacement water rations will be provided
- SOS Emergency Food Ration Bar (up to 5 year expiration date)
- 12 oz Contigo Spill-Proof Tumbler with Straw
- West Coast KidzKits Hand Crank Rechargeable Flashlight
- Child’s Sized Rain Poncho
- Child’s Sized Face Mask
- Mylar Blanket
- 2 Latex-Free Fabric Bandages
- Grab & Go Play Pack (Disney, Nickelodeon, Transformers)
- Honest Wipes (10 pack, fragrance and paraben free)
- Child / School Identification Card
- PreparedBC Home Emergency Plan Booklet
Breaking down what's included
West Coast KidzKit Backpack:
- 12 Litres in size
- Padded low back support and shoulder straps
- Interior pocket for organization
- Exterior front pocket with zipper for documents
- 2 exterior mesh side pockets
- Front pocket for your child's name and/or school details
Puravai 1 Litre Water:
- Emergency Drinking Water is filtered, purified and then triple sealed using the highest standards, to ensure your water stays 100% BACTERIA FREE and ready to drink.
- The only Certified 100% Bacteria Free emergency drinking water in the preparedness market. Puravai is manufactured and water sourced in the USA
- Up to a 20 year shelf life. Packaged in HDPE #2 and BPA Free, the 1-liter bottles are completely recyclable.
- Extremely durable. High Density Puravai Bottles, are extremely durable - built for the unpredictability of emergency situations you can drop, scrape, or bump them and your water stays protected. Bottles are waterproof and will float.
- Made of the same material as U.S. military canteens, Puravai bottles and have a lid which can be twisted on and off. Contains enough water to sustain someone for 24 hours - unlike pouches, cans or boxes
S.O.S. Emergency Food Ration:
- Ideal for emergencies, camping, rafting and for outdoor activities
- Tested to withstand temperatures from -30°C to 65°C
- Each vacuum sealed pouch contains 9 individually wrapped bars which contain 400 calories each.
- Non-thirst Provoking
- Up to a 5 years shelf life
- Ingredients : Sugar, Enriched Wheat Flour, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Shortening (Soybean & Cottonseed Oils), Corn Starch, Wheat Gluten, Dextrose, Desiccated Coconut Preserved with Sodium Metabisulfite, Corn Syrup, Contains less than 2% of the following: Soy Lecithin, Guar Gum, Calcium Propionate Preservative, Citric Acid, Salt, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Niacin, Vitamin A, Palmitate, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate.
My two cents: These food bars taste like a shortbread cookie and while they have and will always have a vital role to play in emergency preparedness they are also the reason I started this business. Too many companies, families and schools ONLY provide ration bars as the food source during an emergency. I recommend providing these bars for lunch and suggest adding emergency meals for your child’s breakfast and dinner meals. If this is something that interests you check out The Essentials KidzKit