Our kits exceed the standards of BC Ministry of Education's Emergency Planning Guide for Schools & Vancouver Coastal Health's Emergency Preparedness Guide for Child Care.
Step 1 : Select 2 meals
Step 2: Select the theme
Girl Theme kits includes a Contigo water bottle from the Girl Theme colour options as well as a Play Pack of either Princess or Paw Patrol theme.
We support gender neutrality and we are currently working on a way to market our kits in a non gender identifying way.
Should you have a special request for a specific cup with a specific play pack add a note to your order (upon checkout) and we will always do our best to accommodate you.
Every Essentials KidzKit includes:
- 12 L West Coast KidzKit Backpack
- 1 L Puravai Emergency Drinking Water (up to 20 year expiration date)
- SOS Emergency Food Ration Bar (up to 5 year expiration date)
- 12 oz Contigo Spill-Proof Tumbler with Straw
- 2 emergency preparedness meals of your choosing
- SOS emergency water rations for meal preparation (up to 5 year expiration)
- 2 individually wrapped spoons
- West Coast KidzKits Hand Crank Rechargeable Flashlight
- Child’s Sized Rain Poncho
- Child’s Sized Face Mask
- Mylar Blanket
- Latex-Free Fabric Bandages
- Grab & Go Play Pack (Disney, Nickelodeon, Transformers)
- Honest Wipes (10 pack, fragrance and paraben free)
- Child / School Identification Card
- PreparedBC Home Emergency Plan Booklet
S.O.S. Emergency Food Ration * Dairy Free
- Ingredients : Sugar, Enriched Wheat Flour, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Shortening (Soybean & Cottonseed Oils), Corn Starch, Wheat Gluten, Dextrose, Desiccated Coconut Preserved with Sodium Metabisulfite, Corn Syrup, Contains less than 2% of the following: Soy Lecithin, Guar Gum, Calcium Propionate Preservative, Citric Acid, Salt, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Niacin, Vitamin A, Palmitate, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate.
Children need food in an emergency situation.
Mountain House Emergency Meals
Mountain House is probably the biggest name in the freeze-dried food market. The company has been making meals for the US Special Forces for nearly 50 years. From the bottom of the ocean to the peak of Everest, they have fueled expeditions in every climate and situation. Mountain House emergency meals have the longest proven shelf life of 30 years and their Adventure Meals line includes their trusted just-add-water, freeze-dried meals for emergency planning.
How do you prepare Mountain House meals?
All Mountain House meals are pre-cooked, so the flavors are fully locked in. All your child needs to do is add water!
Step by Step:
- Open the food pouch
- Remove the oxygen absorber
- Add the correct amount of water. Note * Your child's meals come with the required amount of water attached to the meal pouch, in water packets. Hot or cold water can be used.
- Stir and seal the pouch
- Wait 10 minutes. If cold water was used for meal preparation then wait 20 minutes.
Mountain House meals are made in a nut free facility with the exception of coconut.
The emergency water packets included with your child's meals are 125ml each pouch. The packets have up to a 5 year shelf life. Meals require anywhere from 1-4 water packets for re-hydration, with the breakfasts requiring the least amount of water and the dinners requiring the most.
Dairy and egg free meal options available online soon!
This the only emergency preparedness kit your child will ever need. #parentwin